Engineering Health and Safety Policy
At TP Mechanical & Engineering Ltd the health, safety and welfare of all workers and visitors is of equal importance to all other operational considerations. The PCUB, supervisors and staff work together to create a safe working environment and ensure compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, NZ H&S Standard AS/NZS4801, and Accident Compensation Act 2001 along with the H&S Regulations 2016.
We strive to protect our own property and equipment, our customers’ property, and our work environment from damage through the company’s operations. We expect a shared commitment to health and safety management with all employees playing a vital and responsible role in Health and Safety within the workplace.
TO ENSURE A SAFE AND HEALTHY WORK ENVIRONMENT, MANAGEMENT WILL DEVELOP AND MAINTAIN A HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM TO:
- Set health and safety objectives and performance criteria for all work areas
- Review health and safety objectives and performance annually
- Actively encourage the accurate and timely reporting and recording of all accidents, incidents, and unsafe conditions
- Investigate all reported accidents, incidents, and unsafe conditions, to ensure all contributing factors are identified and, where appropriate, plans are formulated to take corrective action
- Actively encourage the early reporting of any pain or discomfort
- Will participate in rehabilitation of employees to ensure an early and safe return to work
- Identify all existing and new hazards and take all practicable steps to eliminate or minimise the exposure to any hazards
- Ensure that all employees are made aware of the hazards in their work area and are adequately trained to enable them to perform their duties in a safe manner
- Encourage employee consultation and participation in all matters relating to health and safety
- Promote a system of continuous improvement in health and safety practices
- Meet our obligations under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, AS/NZS4801, ACC2001
- Annual audit and assessment of the performance of the workshop and site activities.